Tom’s practice encompasses a broad range of commercial litigation and arbitration with a particular focus on international arbitration, professional liability, construction and engineering, information technology and banking and financial services disputes.
Tom is ranked as a Leading Junior in Legal 500. Comments include: ‘He has a keen eye for detail while delivering good strategic advice for the client’, ‘very strong on the technical points’ (Legal 500, 2017); ‘He has a calm and reassuring demeanour, which instils confidence’ (Legal 500, 2016); “an astute and insightful junior” (Legal 500, 2015); “recommended for his wonderful drafting style, and superb attention to detail” (Legal 500, 2014).
In the past year Tom’s caseload has included:
- Acting (led by Roger Stewart QC and Anneliese Day QC) in a complex arbitration claim worth in excess of £100million relating to a nuclear facilities project.
- Acting (as sole counsel) for the Financial Conduct Authority in an appeal to the Upper Tribunal by an applicant which had been refused permission to carry on a range of regulated activities, Abi Fol Consulting Ltd v The Financial Conduct Authority  UKUT 49 (TCC).
- Acting (led by Graham Chapman QC) for the defendant firm in a claim brought by a high-profile football manager in relation to various tax schemes.
- Acting (as sole counsel) for the defendant employer in a US$11 million employee ‘bonus claim’ arising out of the sale of aircraft parts to the Indonesian Air Force.
- Acting (led by Anneliese Day QC) in a claim brought by Barnsley College against its professional advisors and main contractors arising out of the construction of a new campus building.
- Acting (as sole Counsel) on behalf of a network and broadband specialist arising out of the Welsh Government’s public sector broadband initiative.
- Acting (led by Justin Fenwick QC) in an LCIA arbitration concerning the sale and purchase of Russian/CIS companies.
Further details of Tom’s practice and experience can be found below.
Before joining Chambers, Tom worked in the Credit Exotics and Hybrids Operations Division at JP Morgan Chase, dealing with credit derivatives and interest rate swaps.