Costs & Litigation FundingView our Specialists in Costs & Litigation Funding
4 New Square is recognised as a leading set in the area of costs and litigation funding.
The costs team comprises some of the country’s leading practitioners in this area. We have senior silks and junior members of chambers appearing in significant costs cases throughout the year.
The development of 4 New Square as a leading costs set results from a combination of depth of experience in the costs team and the rise of new prominent juniors in the area.
Members of our costs team are instructed in most of the leading costs cases. We appear in every court in which costs issues and disputes arise including the Supreme Court, the Court of Appeal, the High Court, the Senior Courts Costs Office and the County Court.
Our range of work also ensures that there is nothing within the costs field that we cannot advise upon and our expertise includes all areas of both litigious and non-contentious business.
We have particular expertise in the following:
- Advocacy and advice in all forms of inter partes costs disputes
- Wasted costs
- Drafting and advisory work on all forms of funding arrangements (CFAs, DBAs, third party and commercial funding, CFA’s, costs insurance).
- Non Contentious advisory work
- Applications under the Solicitors Act 1974
- Security for costs applications
- Costs budgeting and estimates
We are recommended as a leading set in both the Legal 500 and Chambers & Partners. Many of us are also recommended individually.