Disciplinary & RegulatoryView our Specialists in Disciplinary & Regulatory
Members of 4 New Square have substantial and long-standing experience of prosecuting and defending disciplinary complaints.
This area of work ties in extremely well with Chambers’ pre-eminence in professional indemnity work and financial services work, which gives us an in-depth knowledge of a wide range of professions and a number of disciplinary tribunals.
In the last few years we have been involved in a number of high-profile proceedings (whether before tribunals or in court related proceedings), especially in the context of accountants/auditors, taxation professionals and lawyers (both solicitors and barristers).
Issues with which we habitually deal vary from inadequate professional services to conflicts of interest, inadequate account-keeping, falsifying evidence and fraud.
We have particular experience of acting before the following tribunals:
- The Solicitors’ Disciplinary Tribunal
- The Bar Disciplinary Tribunal
- The Bar Standards Board
Accountants, Auditors & Actuaries
- The Financial Reporting Council;
- The Disciplinary Tribunal of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants;
- The Chartered Institute of Taxation;
- The Association of Taxation Technicians.
- The Disciplinary Committee of the ICAEW;
- The Institute and Faculty of Actuaries.
- The Architects Registration Board
- Royal Institute of British Architects
Medical & Veterinary Practice:
- The General Medical Council;
- The Professional Conduct Committee of the Council of Professions Supplementary to Medicine;
- The Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons.
A number of individuals in Chambers also appear before sports related tribunals. Please refer to the separate ‘Sports’ section for further information.
Certain members of Chambers also have experience of sitting on disciplinary tribunals or acting as legal assessors to disciplinary panels. Please speak to the clerks for further information.