“Kendrah may be new to the Bar but her talent is unquestionable. She understands sports law issues with ease and grasps the fundamentals quickly. She’s always a pleasure to work with.” – Chambers & Partners, 2020
Kendrah represents athletes, sports governing bodies, agents and clubs before a range of domestic and international tribunals and courts, including the Court of Arbitration for Sport and Sports Resolutions. She advises on all sports-related matters, including contract disputes, anti-doping rule violations, match-fixing charges, selection disputes, disciplinary matters, governance and corruption. She also takes instructions in non-contentious matters, such as drafting and advising on regulations and governance issues.
Kendrah is on the arbitral and mediation panels of Sport Resolutions and sits on the Union Cycliste Internationale’s Arbitral and Disciplinary Panel and the British Equestrian Federation’s Anti-Doping Panel.
Kendrah was appointed to the Challenge Panel advising the UK Government on its review of UK Anti-Doping in 2017.
Kendrah was Legal Counsel to the international commission established by the Union Cycliste Internationale to investigate doping and related allegations of corruption and mismanagement in cycling. She also undertook a secondment to the London Organising Committee of the Olympic Games and Paralympic Games where she was the lead lawyer on sports integrity and anti-doping.
She is an editor for LawInSport and regularly speaks at conferences and publishes articles.
Kendrah is currently instructed on a number of cases before CAS, first instance sports governing body tribunals and Rule K arbitrations.
Recent cases include:
- Acting for Daniel Sturridge in his defence of charges under The FA Betting Regulations.
- Acting for Birmingham City FC in its defence of a misconduct charge relating to the EFL financial fair play regulations.
- Acting for Alex Hales in respect of disciplinary charges for bringing the game into disrepute.
- Representing the RFU in the prosecution of Nathan Hughes for bringing the game into disrepute.
- Representing Kalkaba Malboum in proceedings before CAS in the successful defence of disciplinary charges, including (the first case of) infringing the autonomy of sport, brought by the Association of National Olympic Committees of Africa.
- Regularly representing the Governing Bodies of Tennis in respect of charges brought under the Tennis Anti-Corruption Program at first instance and before CAS. Cases include representing the Governing Bodies in the successful prosecution of charges brought against Nicolas Kicker (match-fixing and failing to cooperate with an investigation), Peng Shuai (relating to the draw at Wimbledon in 2017), Federico Coria (failing to report a corrupt approach and tampering with evidence), Patricio Heras (match-fixing and failing to report corrupt approaches).
- Acting for a former Premier League footballer in a contract dispute with an agent (Rule K arbitration).
- Acting for an English club in a dispute with a Serie A club arising out of the transfer of a player (before CAS).
- Acting for an agent and international football player in CAS proceedings regarding contract disputes with another agent.
- Acting for an international rugby player on a commercial contract dispute.
- Advising an international sports rights-holder on a multi million pound contract dispute arising out of an international broadcasting agreement.
- Advising a Premier League club on claims for breach of contract and fraud relating to player transfers.
- Acting for an agent in a contract dispute with an international and former Premier League footballer (Rule K arbitration).
- Acting for an agent in CAS proceedings regarding a contract dispute with another agent in respect of an international football player.
- Acting for an agent in Rule K proceedings arising out of the transfer of a player to a Premier League club.
- Advising Nigel Levine on his response to an anti-doping rule violation charge.
- Acting for an agent in a contract dispute with a UFC fighter.
- Acting for Nesta Carter in his defence of doping charges (before CAS, led by Kate Gallafent QC, and as sole advocate in separate proceedings before the IAAF).
- Acting for the Rugby Football Union on the prosecution of various doping cases.
- Advising a governing body on its defence arising out of a selection dispute.
- Advising a tennis club on a claim in the courts arising out of a dispute with a member.
- Advising the ITF on disciplinary proceedings against an official.
- Advising a foreign football club on a potential appeal to the Swiss Federal Tribunal to challenge a CAS decision.