Long Arms and Sharp Elbows: Jurisdiction after 31 December 2020
From 1 January 2021, the United Kingdom’s jurisdictional rules concerning Defendants domiciled in the remaining 27 EU Member States will see their biggest change since the early 1980s.
- Repeal of the Brussels Regulation (recast);
- The rules governing the taking of jurisdiction by the English Courts from 1 January 2021;
- The transitional provisions (largely for claims commenced on or before 31 December 2020);
- The United Kingdom’s possible future accession to the Lugano Convention; and
- The applicability and effect of the Hague Convention.
Please RSVP by close of business on Monday 11th January.
The Zoom meeting link will be sent to you ahead of the webinar on Wednesday 13th January.
If you have any questions please contact email@example.com.