Can Yeginsu to Co-Chair GAR Connect: Eastern Mediterranean
The conference will be taking place virtually this year, with Can moderating the session titled “The shifting landscape of international commercial disputes across the region” from 11:45am (BST).
Can will be joined at the conference by leading practitioners Eva Kalnina of Lévy Kaufmann-Kohler (Geneva), Ercüment Erdem of Erdem & Erdem (Istanbul), Girgis Abd El-Shahid of Shahid Law Firm (Cairo), and Ilke Sahin Goler of Blackrock Expert Services (London).
For more information about the conference programme and to register for the event, please follow the link here.
Can Yeginsu is one of London’s leading arbitration practitioners and recognised as such by all of the international directories, both in his capacity as counsel and as an arbitrator. Comments from the directories in 2021 (as provided by peers and clients) include:
- “He is a devastating cross-examiner and elegant advocate who brings real value in any case through his perspective as an experienced arbitrator“
- “He is outstanding – the best we have instructed at the Bar by some distance“
- “Our top choice as lead arbitration counsel in England“
- “Can is in a league of his own“
- “He is excellent with absolutely top-notch knowledge on investment treaty work“
- Can Yeginsu is described by peers as “a formidable advocate now in a league of his own at the London Bar“. Sources add, “He is a ruthlessly effective cross examiner and an elegant advocate.”
Can also teaches investment arbitration at Georgetown University Law Center in Washington DC, where he has been a member of the Law Faculty since 2017. He is a member of the IBA’s Subcommittee on Investment Arbitration, and also teaches international law at Columbia Law School.