Will has a range of experience in construction dispute resolution.
Recent and ongoing instructions include:
- Acting for the claimant employer in substantial proceedings against architects in the Royal Court of Guernsey.
- Acting for an international engineering firm, led by Hugh Saunders, in respect of an adjudication relating to the legal effect of various payless notices given by a prominent contractor.
- Acting for the employer in a dispute relating to the termination of a large residential property construction project.
- Acting for a national sub-contractor in urgent court proceedings relating to the proper effect of the Construction Act.
- Acting for an employer in a dispute over an interim account under a letter of intent.
Will has also acted as sole counsel in a number of cases involving allegations of negligence against construction professionals, with a particular emphasis on renewable energy engineering.
In late 2017, Will spent time on secondment in the construction insurance team of a leading firm of solicitors, and sat with O’Farrell J in the TCC as part of the TECBAR marshalling scheme.
During pupillage, Will assisted David Turner QC and Clare Dixon in the case of Costain Limited v Tarmac Holdings Limited concerning, amongst other things, the reasonableness of an extensive scheme of remedial works. He also assisted Clare Dixon in respect of a substantial claim relating to the procurement practices of a high-end interior design and project management firm.