Katie is rated as a leading junior in this field in both Chambers & Partners (2016) and Legal 500 (2015), in
Katie is rated as a leading junior in this field in both Chambers & Partners (2016) and Legal 500 (2015), in which she is described as being ‘great with clients, and provides practical, commercial and robust advice’; ‘technically very competent, and approachable with clients’, ‘bright, able, user friendly and definitely performing beyond her year of call’ and ‘incredibly dedicated’ as well as having ‘a very sharp mind’.
She has been involved in some of the leading recent cases in the field, including in the long-running Atomic Veterans litigation and as junior to Justin Fenwick QC in the three month commercial court trial of Kingspan v Borealis  EWHC 1147.
Examples of her work include:
- Knights North West v Adonis Construction & Anor: Defended an air conditioning supply company in connection with an allegedly defective air conditioning system installed in a BMW showroom.
- Network Rail Infrastructure v CAIB & Ors: Claim arising from the Ely derailment. Claim brought by Network Rail against (i) owner of wagon, and (ii) maintainers of wagon. Led by Roger Stewart QC.
- X v A Pharmaceutical Company(confidential): Claim arising from a smoking-cession drug, the subject of multi-million class action claims in US. Instructed with Leigh-Ann Mulcahy QC.
- Ron Hull & Sons v Palagan: Case arising from supply of plastic polymer used to produce plastic bags to contain wood chippings.
- Kingspan v Borealis  EWHC 1147: Claim arising from the supply of allegedly defective plastic resin for the purposes of the manufacture of oil storage tanks. Led by Justin Fenwick QC and Ben Elkington QC.