Katie is rated as a leading junior in this field in both Chambers & Partners and Legal 500. Recent comments include: ‘[a] very smart cookie who will be a QC a few years down the road’; ‘incredibly dedicated’; “she did a really good job in front of a scary bench. One to watch”, “a very clear advocate who gets to the issues quickly”; and “bright, able, user friendly and definitely performs beyond her year of call.”
She is regularly instructed in relation to claims against lawyers, auditors and accountants, construction professionals, surveyors and valuers, practising both domestically and internationally.
Examples of her cases include:
- Moulin Global Eyecare Holdings Limited (in liquidation) v Olivia Lee Sin Mei & Ors: Acted for one of the Big Four accountancy firms in relation to proceedings brought it in Hong Kong arising from various audit reports it provided. Led by Justin Fenwick QC.
- P&P v Owen White & Anor / Dreamvar v Mischcon de Reya & Anor (co-joined appeal)  3 W.L.R. 1244: Instructed to act (led by Ben Patten QC) in the high-profile appeals arising from identity fraud in property purchases.
- Caliendo v Mishcon de Reya  EWHC 150 (Ch): Acted in claim against Mischon de Reya in relation to claim arising from the sale of QPR football club. Led by Alan Gourgey QC.
- Fincantieri v Clyde & Co: Acted for solicitors in relation to a claim arising from a lost arbitration.
- Bank of Baroda & Anor v George Davies & Ors: Multi-party dispute arising from an alleged fraud perpetrated in connection with a major investment property transaction. Led by Roger Stewart QC.
- Rendlesham Estates v Jeffrey Myers & Ors  EWHC 3968: Multi-party claim against various firms of solicitors arising from an alleged failure to advise about adequacy of property insurance policy. Led by Fiona Sinclair QC.
- Nationwide Building Society v APR Properties:Acting (unled) for Nationwide in claim £2m against valuer arising from a commercial development in Cheltenham.
- Hunt v Optima (Cambridge) Ltd  P.N.L.R. 29: Acted for Strutt & Parker in this one of the leading cases on the extent of a professional’s tortious liability to third parties.
- Weavering Capital (UK) Ltd (In Liquidation) v Dahbia  EWCA Civ 71: Represented senior employee of WCUK (unled) in his appeal to the Court of Appeal.
- A v a Barrister (confidential): Acted for a barrister in defence of a claim brought against him in his capacity as an arbitrator.
Katie is the current editor of the financial services chapters of Jackson and Powell.