4 New Square is delighted to have entered into a partnership programme with the Lauterpacht Centre for International Law at Cambridge University, the purpose of which is to consolidate the Centre’s strong relationships with leading practitioners of international law at a select group of law firms, multinational corporations and foreign ministries around the world.
The Lauterpacht Centre is part of the Faculty of Law and the scholarly home of international law at the University of Cambridge. Members of Chambers regularly act on behalf of, and against, national governments in the UK and abroad in contentious and advisory proceedings, and advise governments, corporate bodies, non-governmental organisations, and individuals across the full spectrum of international law.
Aside from chambers, the partners of the partnership programme are as follows:
- Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer. LCIL Partner Fellow: Patricio Grané Labat, Partner.
- Dechert LLP. LCIL Partner Fellow: Arif Ali, Partner and Co-chair of the firm’s International Arbitration Practice.
- Shearman & Sterling LLP. LCIL Partner Fellow: Yas Banifatemi, Partner and head of the firm’s Public International Law Practice.
- The Japanese Ministry of Foreign Affairs. LCIL Partner Fellow: Tomohiro Mikanagi, Minister and Head of the Political Section, Embassy of Japan.
- The Polish Ministry of Foreign Affairs. LCIL Partner Fellow: Konrad Jan Marciniak, Deputy Director, Legal and Treaty Department.
- The Spanish Ministry of Foreign Affairs. LCIL Partner Fellow: José Martín y Pérez de Nanclares, Director, International Law Division.