Members of Chambers have substantial and long-standing experience of prosecuting and defending disciplinary complaints. This area of work ties in extremely well with Chambers’ pre-eminence in professional indemnity work, which gives us a solid and broad knowledge of a wide range of professions and a number of disciplinary tribunals.
Issues with which we habitually deal vary from inadequate professional services or allegations of deficient conduct to conflicts of interest, inadequate account-keeping, falsifying evidence and fraud.
We have particular experience of acting before the following tribunals:
- The Solicitors Regulation Authority
- The Solicitors’ Disciplinary Tribunal
- The Bar Disciplinary Tribunal
- The Bar Standards Board
Accountants and Auditors:
- The Accountancy and Actuarial Discipline Board;
- The Disciplinary Tribunal of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants;
- The Chartered Institute of Taxation;
- The Association of Taxation Technicians.
- The Disciplinary Committee of the ICAEW
Medical and Veterinary Practice:
- The General Medical Council;
- The Professional Conduct Committee of the Council of Professions Supplementary to Medicine;
- The Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons.
A number of individuals in Chambers also appear before sports related tribunals. Please refer to the separate ‘Sports’ section for further information.
Certain members of Chambers also have experience of sitting as legal assessors to disciplinary panels. Please speak to the clerks for further information.