Leigh-Ann Mulcahy QC
Insurance & Reinsurance
- Appeared on behalf of Zurich Insurance Company in the Employers Liability Insurance Trigger Litigation Durham v BAI & ors at trial  2 All ER 26, on appeal to the Court of Appeal  EWCA Civ 1096 and on appeal to the Supreme Court  UKSC 14.
- Has advised on insurance and regulatory issues in context of financial services.
- Advised on product liability insurance coverage issues between primary and excess insurers in high value dispute.
- Regularly advises insurers on various coverage issues, including issues over the construction of the Minimum Terms for solicitors’ and surveyors’ professional indemnity insurance, aggregation, notification and avoidance for fraud/dishonesty.
- Expertise in section 51 applications for costs against insurers Cormack v Washbourne  Lloyd’s LR PN 459, CA and Gloucestershire Health Authority v Torpy  Lloyd’s Reinsurance Law Reports 203 (excess layer).