Financial Services Regulation
Paul is regularly instructed in claims involving financial services consultants. He has particular experience of home income plans and similar, as well as life assurance and pensions mis-selling.
He is familiar with regulatory matters under the FSMA 2000 (and its predecessors).
Current and recent cases include:
- advising insurance intermediaries as to statutory regulation/ approval
- advising investors caught up in a viatical scheme fraud
- involvement in numerous cases relating to pensions mis-selling
- challenge to the vires of a pensions review award made by the Personal Investment Authority Ombudsman: R. v. P.I.A Ombudsman Bureau Ltd., ex parte Davies Walters & Associates Ltd.  EWHC Admin 1159
- brief involvement in the Equitable Life litigation prior to its settlement