Sue Carr QC
Commercial Dispute Resolution
An established Silk, Sue is familiar with general commercial and contract disputes and is instructed in the leading commercial litigation of the day. Examples include her acting in the reinsurance fraud claim brought by Cable & Wireless plc against former employees and others; acting on a multi-million pound subrogated flood damage claim; acting in multiparty trial involving complex foreign law issues; acting in the litigation brought by The Football League Limited arising out of the sale of licensing rights to ONDigital.
She regularly advises on and litigates construction/policy points. Insurance disputes handled include fire claims/arson defences; claim concerning underwriters' liability under a partial loss clause in a Lloyds' Fine Art Dealer's policy; challenge to ATE insurers’ rights to avoid.
Cases in the field include the following :
- Currently acting in the ongoing Innovator Litigation
- Persimmon Homes Ltd and another v Great Lakes Reinsurance (UK) plc  EWHC 1705 (Comm)
- AXA Insurance Ltd v Darby and others  PNLR 10 CA
- Cheshire Building Society v Dunlop Haywards (DHL)  EWHC 51 (Comm)
- Cable & Wireless plc and Pender Insurance Ltd v Valentine and others - large multi-handed Commercial Court litigation commencing in October 2005 involving complex company law, dishonesty, accessory liability and remedy issues
- Represented approx 20% of Panel Solicitor Defendants in The Accident Group Litigation brought by insurers:  EWHC 839 (Comm)
- Represented Part 20 Defendant in Football League Ltd v Edge Ellison v Active Rights Management Ltd and Clive Townley  EWHC 1462 (Ch)
- Represented Part 20 Defendant in multi-million pound claim arising out of film financing scheme
- Interdesco SA v. Nullifire  1 Lloyd's Rep 180
- Quorum SA v. Schramm  1 Lloyd's Rep 249