Mark Cannon QC
Construction & Engineering
"He is brilliant at assessing the law, has a strong sense of justice and is always reliable and responsive" - The Legal 500, 2015.
Mark regularly acts for employers, contractors and sub-contractors in court proceedings and arbitrations. He has experience of claims concerning hospitals, nuclear power stations and theatres as well as less complex structures.
Mark acts in adjudications, where his ability to digest large amounts of paperwork and produce a clear, coherent case in a short time can be of particular value.
He is rated as a leading silk in construction in Chambers & Partners and The Legal 500, where he is said to be "impressive in court and possessed of a very agile brain", “robust and very detailed in his advice”. Recently Mark has been said to be establishing himself as “one of the leading thinkers in the market” and has been described as having “a velvet-gloved grasp of the law”, “an eye for legal minutiae” and “very good judgment in all that he undertakes”.
- Birse Developments Ltd v. Co-operative Group Ltd  EWCA Civ 474.
- Supershield Ltd v. Siemens Building Technologies FE Ltd  EWCA Civ 7;  1 Lloyd’s Rep 349.
- MAC Hotels Ltd v. Rider Levett Bucknall UK Ltd  EWHC 767 (TCC).
- Re-Source America Ltd. v Platt Services Ltd & Barkin Construction Ltd (No.2)  EWCA Civ 97;  2 Lloyd's Rep. 50.
- Royal Brompton Hospital v. Hammond  UKHL 14;  1 WLR 1397.
- Yarm Road Ltd v. Hewden Tower Cranes Ltd  EWHC (TCC) 2265 ;  85 Con LR 142.
- Rotherham MBC v. Frank Haslam Milan (1996) 78 BLR 1.
- Lovell Construction v. Independent Estates plc (in liquidation)  1 BCLC 31.