Mark Cannon QC
Extensive experience of acting for claimants and defendants including claims in relation to design, contract administration, ground investigations and foundations (including claims relating to foundation/pile design and contaminated land). Mark has been involved in cases concerning a wide range of buildings and structures, including hospitals, nuclear power stations and theatres.
- Acting for a local authority in an arbitration against the professional firm which had managed and designed the construction of a children’s centre.
- Defending a firm of project managers against a multi-million pound claim concerning the development of a country house hotel (recent issues as to s.14A of the Limitation Act 1980 and amendment): MAC Hotels Ltd v. Rider Levett Bucknall UK Ltd  EWHC 767 (TCC).
- Defending a firm of civil engineers against a claim for allegedly negligent design of a container unloading pavement.
- Defending a specialist geotechnical subcontractor in relation to settlement of a large warehouse.
- Acting for the claimant NHS trust in Royal Brompton Hospital v. Hammond litigation against project managers, architects and M&E engineers: reported decisions include  UKHL 14;  1 WLR 1397 (HL) on the Civil Liability (Contribution) Act 1978.
- Acting for consulting engineers in the defence of a claim arising out of a major tunneling project.
- Try Build Ltd v. Invicta Leisure Tennis Ltd (1997) 71 Con LR 141: Design duties of engineers (TCC).
- Chesham Properties v. Bucknall Austin (1996) 82 BLR 92: acting for defendant architects in claim arising out of a residential development in Belgravia: issues as to limitation and scope of duty.