Construction & Engineering
Construction work forms a significant part of Nicola’s practice. She is instructed by employers, contractors, sub-contractors and construction professionals, frequently in multi-party actions. She has experience of claims including shopping centre developments, hospitals and flood defences and appears regularly in the TCC and in arbitrations. She also has experience of adjudications.
Her experience includes:
- Acting for design and build contractors in claim against engineers in multi-party action concerning a leisure development
- Acting for engineers in multi-party action concerning a shopping-centre development
- Acting for Chinese government corporation in international arbitration against UK contractors
- Acting for water company in dispute with Network Rail over costs of diverting water pipes for line-widening purposes
- Acting for engineers in defence of claim for negligent design of flood defences for housing development
- Acting for demolition contractors in claim arising from removal of wind protection from neighbouring property
- Acting for contractors in defence of claims for fire damage to neighbouring properties
Nicola has wide experience of acting for insurers in subrogated recovery claims, including tree-root claims.