Construction & Engineering
George has acted in a variety of construction related matters at all levels – whether in the County Court, the TCC or in the context of international arbitration. For more details please refer to the Commercial Dispute Resolution and Arbitration tabs.
Examples of recent work:
- Harlequin Property (SVG) Ltd v Wilkins Kennedy (A Firm)  EWHC 1122 (TCC): acting for defendant in relation to a property development in St Vincent and the Grenadines, and interim application for security where Claimants have an ATE policy.
- Acting for main contractor in Dubai in long-running ad hoc arbitration against employer (involving five separate hearings in Dubai 2013-2015).
- Acting for contractor in defence of claim brought by MEP subcontractor in DIAC arbitration in Dubai (2015).
- Acting for a multi-national commodities trader and agri-business in proceedings before the LCIA in a dispute arising out of a joint venture in Eastern Europe. Led by Roger Stewart QC.
- Defending a firm of architects in relation to a project sponsored by the Welsh Development Agency.
- Acting for Severn Trent Water in an ongoing claim in the TCC in Birmingham.
George has been involved in a number of adjudications, including an ongoing adjudication on a contract worth in excess of £700m.
George is a member of the Technology and Construction Bar Association.