Commercial Dispute Resolution
Tom is recommended by the Legal 500 as a leading junior in Banking and Finance.
- Acting as junior counsel (led by Roger Stewart QC and Anneliese Day QC) in a claim by a joint venture in relation to a nuclear installation
- Unfair prejudice petitions
- Supply of goods disputes
- Sale of goods disputes
- Guarantee disputes
- Director’s liability disputes
- Claim by bank against property management firm
- Acting for lenders in claims to recover loans
- Claim by overseas Central Bank as junior to John Powell QC
- Defending breach of contract/public procurement regulations claim as junior to Patrick Lawrence QC
- Defending enforcement claim as junior to Nicholas Bacon QC
- Pursuing and resisting injunctions
- Defending claim for conversion and unlawful means conspiracy
- Claim for unlawful means conspiracy and breach of contract
Cases include Makar v Russell Jones & Walker  EWHC 3681 (Comm), D & G Cars Ltd v Essex Police Authority  EWHC 226 (QB), Eyland & Sons Ltd v (1) TSL Turton (2014) Ltd (2) Steven Bond  EWHC 3942 (QB), Rahim v Arch Insurance Co (Europe) Ltd  EWHC 2967 (Comm), Seery v Leathes Prior (a firm)  EWHC 80 (QB), Pietro Gatto (T/A AG Avvocati Gatto) v Allianz SPA (2017) LTL 6/2/2017 and Pietro Gatto (T/A AG Avvocati Gatto) v Allianz SPA (2017) LTL 20/2/2017.
Tom is a member of COMBAR.