Trusts, Wills, Probate and the Administration of Estates
Nicole's practice is concentrated on private client litigation rather than non-contentious advisory work. She has broad experience in:
- contentious probate.
- the administration of trusts and estates.
- the construction and rectification of wills and trust deeds.
- claims under the Inheritance (Provisions for Family and Dependants) Act 1975.
- trust litigation generally, including constructive and resulting trusts and tracing claims.
- lifetime gifts and assignments.
She also advises and represents both trustees and beneficiaries with regard to breach of trust claims. She advises on and litigates Court of Protection matters including statutory wills, receiverships, deputyships and Enduring and Lasting Powers of Attorney. She appeared in Re Cameron (ademption; enduring powers of attorney) and acted for the successful applicant in Re J, concerning the validity of enduring powers of attorney creating successive attorneyships.
A significant minority of Nicole’s practice involves representing trustees or beneficiaries in mediation or other alternative dispute resolution.