Rick is developing an expertise in the specialist field of costs. His experience includes:
- Resisting and obtaining costs capping orders.
- Successfully contesting a very senior Counsel’s CFA uplift in a personal injury claim.
- Junior counsel to Justin Fenwick QC in litigation concerning the alleged under-settlement (by a firm of solicitors) of a number of claimants’ vibration white finger claims; a number of issues (generic and otherwise) in respect of costs required to be considered.
- Advising on appropriate costs orders in the Regulatory field (for the British Horseracing Authority).
- Appearing for both claimants and defendants in respect of applications for conditional (costs) orders and security for costs.
- Lecturing firms of solicitors on the ramifications of the Part 36 costs regime and potential pitfalls for the unwary.