Accountants, Auditors & Actuaries
Rick acts both for and against accountants, auditors and tax advisors. Examples of his wide experience in this field include:
- Junior counsel to Roger Stewart QC in an action by the trustees in bankruptcy of a firm of solicitors against its former practice accountants.
- Retained by a famous singer/songwriter in a claim against his former accountants and tax advisors.
- Acting for a firm of accountants in a claim concerning capital gains tax and income tax advice.
- Acted for a firm of accountants in a claim arising out of advice concerning capital allowances due to the Claimants from their position as owners of a Nursing Home.
- Instructions directly from PricewaterhouseCoopers.
Rick has also recently been retained by the Accountancy and Actuarial Discipline Board (AADB) in respect of the conduct of (i) a major firm of accountants relating to the audits of the Financial Statements of a UK FTSE 250 Company and (ii) the Company’s European Financial Controller.
He has also been engaged in litigation involving tax schemes (Information and Communication Technology): The Innovator Litigation.