Commercial Dispute Resolution
Rick’s commercial dispute resolution experience includes freezing injunctions and pre-action disclosure applications.
He was awarded a first in International Commercial Litigation whilst at Cambridge University and is particularly interested in the finance of international trade and has experience of claims involving conflict of laws.
He undertakes a wide range of commercial work, including general commercial litigation, sale of goods, product liability, partnership disputes and commercial contract claims.
Recent and ongoing cases include:
- Acting for one of the IFAs (Part 20 Defendant) in The Innovator Litigation.
- Acted for The Attorney General to the Prince of Wales in a multi-million pound claim that arose out of the explosion at the Buncefield oil depot.
- Represented the manufacturer and supplier of chain links in a claim for damages brought against it by a specialist manufacturer of mooring systems (used in fish farms) in respect of substantial losses suffered as a result of the fractures of chain links.
- Represented a partnership P (specialising in licensing sports programming and products to third party broadcasters and DVD distributors) in a commercial contract dispute relating to the distribution of a DVD series previewing the 2006 FIFAWorld Cup.
- Acted as junior counsel (led by Sue Carr QC) for a specialist provider of veterinary services for the commercial poultry industry in a sale of goods and professional liability claim concerning the supply of a vaccine.
- Defending a share warranty claim.
- Represented a large auction house in a claim involving the conversion of a number of drawings of L S Lowry.
- The multi-party litigation that ensued following the collapse of The Accident Group.
Rick is a member of the Commercial Bar Association (COMBAR).