Rick has experience of domestic and international arbitrations, including:
- LCIA Arbitrations
- Reinsurance and insurance arbitrations
- Construction and engineering arbitrations
- Commercial arbitrations
- Sports arbitrations
His cases include:
- Acting for an airline in a LCIA arbitration relating to aircraft leasing.
- Acting in several international reinsurance arbitrations of high value.
- Acting for insurers in defending a claim for a declaration that the avoidance of the contract of insurance was wrongful. The claim arose out of a Trade Contract relating to the construction of a prestigious office in Kent. Led by Roger Stewart QC.
- Various arbitrations relating to professional indemnity coverage disputes led by Justin Fenwick QC.
- Representing Chartered Surveyors in claims brought under the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators ‘Surveyors Arbitration’ Scheme.
- Acting for the International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF) in a successful appeal to the Court of Arbitration for Sport in Switzerland.
Rick is a member of the LCIA’s young arbitration group, YIAG and COMBAR.