Commercial Dispute Resolution
Lucy is presently developing a busy practice in this area of law. She is particularly interested in matters with an international or cross-jurisdictional angle.
A flavour of Lucy’s work and experience is provided by the following:
- Acting for the successful trustee and investment company in a multi-million pound claim against defendant surveyors in litigation concerning the acquisition of a factory outlet shopping centre by a Unit Trust: (1) Capita Alternative Fund Services (Guernsey) Ltd (2) Matrix Securities Ltd v Drivers Jonas  EWHC 2336. (With Sue Carr QC and Graham Chapman).
- Acting in a highly sensitive dispute between an oligarch and his solicitors, involving an application to come off the record. (With Justin Fenwick QC).
- Acting in a multi-million pound claim brought in relation to the drafting of a Share Purchase Agreement. (With Patrick Lawrence QC and Rick Liddell).
- Acting in relation to claims arising out of overpayment of shareholder dividends. She also has an interest in particular issues arising in relation to claims by shareholders.
- Acting for the claimant in a claim for restitution in respect of monies paid away under a mistake.
- Instructed to advise and attend applications in various cases where complex issues have arisen in relation to a party being in administration or liquidation, including acting for a defendant wealth management company in liquidation.
- Instructed in various subrogated claims for recovery against third parties in contractual disputes.