Fiona Sinclair QC
Fiona has extensive experience of arbitrations, including:
- reinsurance and insurance arbitrations
- construction and engineering arbitrations
- commercial arbitrations
Recent and current examples of her work in this area include:
- acting for professional indemnity insurers in a high-value dispute with other insurers as to the correct allocation of professional negligence claims against solicitors
- acting for the main contractor in a dispute concerning the collapse of concrete sewage tanks constructed using pre-tensioned steel cables
- acting for surveyors in an arbitration concerning investment properties in Berlin
- acting for a metro-train manufacturer in an £11 million international conciliation and arbitration relating to the upgrading of the London Underground. The dispute involved unusually high levels of legal and technical complexity; cutting-edge scientific developments occurred in its investigation and presentation
- acting on a sub-contractor’s claim for payment under contracts for the construction of a bioethanol power plant
- acting on a contractor's payment claim in relation to the refurbishment of a well-known London hotel
- acting for a multi-disciplinary construction professional firm on claim arising from overspend on a construction project.
Fiona has also acted and accepts instructions as an arbitrator, particularly in arbitrations concerning professional indemnity insurance.