Fiona Sinclair QC
Accountants, Auditors & Actuaries
Fiona acts for and against accountants in matters concerning audit and accounts preparation, tax advice and investment advice. She lectures on recent developments in accountants' negligence law. Her recent cases in this area include:
- Acting for tax advisers in £15 million film finance litigation.
- Advising accountants in a £2 million negligence claim being tried in Cyprus, including giving detailed direction and advice for the conduct of pre-trial proceedings and the trial in Cyprus by the Cypriot advocate.
- Easier Ltd v Deloitte Touche LLP  EWHC 3263 (Ch): acting for auditors defending a company’s challenge to their resignation under Companies Act 1985 s.394(6).
- Acting for a record producer in a £3 million claim against accountants relating to tax avoidance advice and the conduct of a Special Office investigation.
- Acting in a claim by 4 high net-worth individuals and their spouses against one of the largest international firms of accountants, arising out of advice on the tax-efficient disposal of shareholdings.
- Acting for accountants on a claim concerning advice given in relation to CGT roll-over relief upon the acquisition of a holiday village.
- Acting for accountants on a claim for negligent advice concerning CGT roll-over relief upon the acquisition of a hotel.
Fiona is a member of both the Commercial Bar Association and the Chancery Bar Association.