Insurance Brokers & Agents
Claims against insurance intermediaries require not only an understanding of the role of insurance professionals, but also familiarity with the large underlying body of discrete case-law relating to insurance contracts. Charles enjoys applying principles of insurance law in the professional negligence context and has acted both for and against insurance brokers and agents.
Claims in which he has been instructed include:
- the defence by a firm of placing brokers of a contribution claim brought by producing brokers in the context of the alleged mis-selling of PPI;
- the defence by insurance intermediaries of a third party claim by insurance brokers arising from inadequate reinsurance cover;
- a claim against insurance brokers alleging negligence resulting in the avoidance of cover against fire;
- the defence by a financial services company of an action alleging the negligent recommendation of inappropriate loan protection policies;
- the defence by insurance brokers of an action alleging negligence resulting in the under-insurance of residential property.