Ben Patten QC
Surveyors & Valuers
Ben frequently acts both for and against surveyors and valuers in cases concerning all aspects of property valuation and particularly in cases relating to commercial lending and mortgage fraud.
Recent and current cases include:
- A number of actions for substantial lending institutions against different surveyors alleging negligent valuation in respect of both commercial and residential loans.
- Acting for a firm of valuers which contained a “rogue” partner who was involved in a series of fraudulent transactions which led to a number of commercial lending institutions suffering considerable losses.
- Acting or claimants in relation to the allegedly negligent valuation of a development site.
- Acting for a firm of planning consultants in proceedings brought against valuers and planning consultants relating to the acquisition and development of waterside properties.
- Acting for claimants in a dispute with a valuer over the purchase of property suffering from subsidence.
- Acting for a commercial lender in a dispute with a firm of surveyors concerning the valuation of packages of flats for a “buy to let” club.