Ben Patten QC
Commercial Dispute Resolution
Ben has substantial experience of commercial litigation in the Commercial Court, the Mercantile Courts and in arbitrations. He has being involved in a number of share sale warranty disputes, sale of goods disputes, disputes concerning licensing agreements and disputes concerning employment and restraint of trade.
Recent and current cases include:
- Acting for a printing concern in seeking injunctive relief against ex employees seeking to contact former clients whilst working with a competitor.
- Acting for a group of aviation companies facing debt claims arising out of service agreements and pension scheme arrangements pre-dating a share sale agreement.
- Acting for one of the joint venture partners in property joint venture in a dispute concerning the allocation of certain profits and losses.
- Acting for an engineering concern in relation to a dispute as to the meaning and effects of contracts between itself and a Swiss and a French concern in relation to the carrying out of certain works at a power station in the UK.
- Acting for the purchaser of a heating and electricity generating system in a dispute with the vendors of the system.
- Acting for solicitors in contribution proceedings against a bank in relation to losses sustained by their mutual clients.
- Acting for the leaseholder of a substantial office block in central London in respect of a delapidations claim.